This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't get File Metadata to work...

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:03 AM
Edited Jun 10, 2016 at 2:05 AM
Hi,

Running Win10 Pro x64. All up to date.

When I start FileMetaAssociationManager.exe (1.3), I get a window with "Simple" showing in item 2 "Choose a profile of editable properties". If I click on any extension name, the profile box is cleared, and cannot be "activated" (i.e. the drop-down does not work). Also, item 3 "Add File Meta Handler" box is not clickable.

I can get a value back in the box by selecting a Custom Profile using "To manage custom profiles", but the item 3 box is still not clickable.

I've tried to reinstall, and system was restarted, but no change.

Just in case it matters, I use Classic Explorer.

I trust I'm being coherent.

Thanks.
Jun 11, 2016 at 12:17 PM
Hi

It sounds like you just need to scroll further down the list of extensions. File Meta will not add its handler to any extension that already has a handler, and the extensions list is sorted as follows:
  1. Extensions with the File Meta property handler (you won’t have any of these)
  2. Extensions with a property handler provided by Microsoft or other installed software
  3. Extensions without a property handler
You need to select an extension in the third category before the "Add File Meta Handler" button will be enabled.

Dijji
Jun 11, 2016 at 1:52 PM
Got it!

Thanks.

Bill