Error 0x80070032 : The request is not supported

Jul 18, 2016 at 4:29 PM
W10 showed me this error when i try to edit one of the property value after running File Metadata.

Please help.

Thank you
Ricky
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2016 at 6:58 PM
Hi Ricky

It’s not uncommon for this sort of error to occur when you have first set up an extension for metadata. Does it still occur after you have restarted Explorer, or rebooted?

If so, can you give me a little more detail about the extension involved and exactly when in the property writing process the error occurs (e.g. during edit, or when you actually apply the update)?

Dijji
Jul 24, 2016 at 12:14 PM
Hi Dijji,

Sorry was away for a while.

There is no problem during the 1st setup & 1st time entering value into all properties. But, this error keep prompting when I try to re-enter different value after click Save. Meaning that I can only key-in 1 time value into the field. The only option i have is to click "SKIP" and all value remain unchanged...

Thank you
Ricky
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2016 at 6:36 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2016 at 6:38 PM
Hi Ricky

I’ve not seen or heard of anything like this before. Here’s a few things to try to help pin this one down:
  1. So, if you update a property that you have already set, it fails. What happens if you then set the same property for the first time on a different file with the same extension? Does it make any difference if the second file has a different extension?
  2. What happens if, after an error on one file, you update a property that you previously set on a different file with the same extension? Does it make any difference if the second file has a different extension?
  3. Does it have to be within the same instance of Explorer? What happens if you kill all instances of Explorer.exe after you set a property for the first time, but before you try and update it?
Can you also let me know which properties and extensions you used?

Dijji