Option to remove Metadata or edit Metadata for file

May 3, 2016 at 6:04 PM
Hi,
Is there an option in "File Metadata" where I can right click any file (Windows Explorer context menu) and delete all metadata or edit existing metadata and save the changes

If this feature is not there is it possible to add this feature in "File Metadata" ?
Even though this option exist in Windows Explorer, please consider adding this feature in "File Metadata"

Thanks
Coordinator
May 4, 2016 at 7:59 AM
Hi AntenRoy

if you go to a file in Explorer which has the File Meta property handler configured for its extension, and right click on it, then the Metadata menu item will be shown, and if you open its submenu, one of the available commands is Delete, which removes all meta data from the file.

This will only work for meta data stored using File Meta. Are you thinking that I should support the deletion of meta data stored in other ways?

Also, when it comes to editing existing meta data, what are you proposing that is different from the current Explorer support, and why? When I was writing File Meta, I deliberately set out to make it work with the in-place editing capabilities of Explorer, because I thought they were pretty good. What would be better?

Dijji
May 6, 2016 at 4:43 PM
Thanks Dijji for reply.
I was bit confused on how the tool works. Now I got it on how the tool works. Thanks again for clarifying :)

I was assuming that the tool will simply remove "file properties and personal information" for any type of file stored in Windows OS. I was lazy and did not check the tool properly.
Coordinator
May 7, 2016 at 5:59 PM
No problem. I’m happy to have been of help.

Dijji