Add additional properties

Jun 7, 2015 at 12:15 PM
Software works as Great

I make a lot of correspondance with several agencies and need to retrive info quickly.

I was looking to add properties (windows has a huge list of properties available) such as "Tags", "From", "To", "Subject" etc to many files (txt, img, etc..) in addition to the existing ones.

Also is it possible to create a customised profile of editable properties like Office DSOfile?

Greatly appreciate if anyone could help me figure a way of doing it.

Thanks
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2015 at 2:14 PM
Hi hiwire03

There is currently no way to do this.

However, adding the capability to create custom profiles is high on my list of features for the next version. The idea would be to allow you to add any of the 600 or so built-in Windows properties to a custom profile (e.g. System.Message.FromName would be the appropriate property for 'from'), and then apply that profile to file types of your choice.

If I do this work over the next few weeks, would you be prepared to beta test it for me? This would be a great help in ensuring that I come up with something that is actually useful and usable.

Dijji
Aug 7, 2015 at 6:04 PM
Edited Aug 7, 2015 at 6:06 PM
Hi Dijji

Great work! I've searched for a tool like yours desperately! I'm so glad I've found this one!

I very much like to have the option of editing the whole standard property set - If you need a beta tester, just drop me a line!

All the best
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2015 at 1:33 PM
Thanks B97,

Coding is in progress. I will let you know as soon as I have something ready for you to try. Your offer of help is much appreciated.

Dijji
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2015 at 9:31 AM
I have now posted a new download, 'File Meta 1.3 Release Candidate', which includes support for the creation and editing of custom profiles of properties to be displayed in preview details and full details in Windows Explorer, choosing from any of the hundreds of properties defined by Windows.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on. All feedback, good or bad, gratefully received!

Dijji
Sep 10, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Thanks a lot! I’ve just downloaded the 1.3 RC and will do some testing over the weekend!