Can't edit fields

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:32 AM
I just installed the X64 version and added the metadata handler to several extensions. When I then go to a file of the type I added the handler to, it shows the metadata categories but it does not allow me to enter any information into them or to edit them. It just highlights the category line and that's it. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? I'm using Windows 7 Pro and tried this program on .htm and .html files with the above result.
Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Hi Orgdoctor

Have you tried killing all instances of Explorer.exe and restarting it, or alternatively logging off and on? Explorer caches what it reads from the registry, and sometimes this is necessary to make the changes effective.

If you have done this, and are still having problems, we will need to look deeper.

Dijji
Jan 16, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Dijji,

Thanks for your reply. Success! I tried logging off and on a couple of time and that didn’t work. Then I just restarted the computer and the editable portions of the fields finally appeared. This is great, I’m so glad it works. You have my congratulations and thanks for producing this. It is extremely useful in my line of work.

Regards,

Jeffrey S. Kane, Ph.D.

Professional Statistical Services

www.prostatservices .com

3853 Waterford Drive

Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Phone: 843-213-1132

Mobil: 626-200-6873